Black love is a beautiful thing. And while it may seem like the odds are stacked against us, there are many resources for black couples to keep their relationship thriving and healthy. We’re here to help you find them! Here’s our list of top 5 resources for black couples:
- This book is a must-have for anyone who wants to make their marriage work. An essential and insightful guide is filled with a wealth of true accounts and advice to assist African-American couples in dealing with the pressures and adjustments of marriage and rejuvenating the love, passion, happiness, and intimacy of marriage to make it last forever.
- A podcast created by two black couples, discussing topics that matter most to them.
- For those of you looking for ways to better communicate with your partner, this is one of the most important tools you’ll ever use. Take the quiz. It’s completely free.
- Recipes made from healthy ingredients and great taste and with a hip flare 😉.
- These shows were created by and star some incredible Black artists, and you should check them out if you haven’t already!
It’s not always easy being a black couple in the United States. With racism running rampant and politicians openly expressing their disdain for Black Lives Matter, it can be difficult to maintain your sanity. Fortunately, there are some resources out there that may help you stay sane and healthy as a married or partnered African-American citizen of this country. Check them out above! If you need more information on how to navigate these difficulties with an open heart and strong mind, please contact one of our black therapists today. We have experts ready to talk with you about what is going on in your life right now so we can work together to find solutions for achieving mental wellness no matter what life throws at us!